Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Year 2000

Travel back with me if you will about ten years, right after the world did not end from Y2K. Things were progressing along smoothly. DVD players were out, but VHS's were much more popular. The Play Station 2 was just coming out, and there were no X Boxes yet. None of your cell phones had cameras in them and most probably looked like this.


First generation Ipods had not come out yet, but we did have MP3 Players. They were the size of cd players, would only take a few hours to import the 6 gigs of music to it, and cost around $420.



While most people have moved on from most of the technology of that era, many are still stuck in the early 2000's. The main culprit of this are companies who are still using Windows XP operating systems. It wouldn't make sense to use that cell phone, or MP3 player these days, so how can we still be using Windows XP? I don't know. I know cost of upgrading is a factor, but when the new computers they buy are still XP, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Score update:
Fish-4, Mandy-0.

Yesterday was my last day for a long time that I did not have to work for a full day. I actually got off at 10. So, Mandy and I decided to go up to Salt Lake and take Mikah to Wheeler Farm. We were planning on coming home around 2 because Mandy had a photo shoot, but she canceled that because of the rain. Then, Mandy decided to stay up and hang out with her sisters until around 9. I will give more details of this trip in another post. On the way home I find out that Mandy had not fed the all day. Then, when we got home, it was cold in the house. Mandy had turned the air all the way down trying to freeze the fish while she starved it. But the fish is still alive. Go Fish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment