Saturday, April 17, 2010

Our First ... Prom?

So I am telling my side of this story first because we are out of town and my wife doesn't have her computer, but I am sure she will get around to posting something about this. My wife's little brother had prom tonight, so eight of his family members traveled for at least two hours to be there(my self included). I think this is kind of weird, but apparently in Sevier County, UT they have a tradition that the entire family attends prom for about the first hour and a half, and mostly they just sit in the bleachers and watch a choreographed dance that the students attending prom put on . I don't know how MicKlane (Mandy's little brother) felt, but I know if my family had spent time with me on a date, especially at prom, I would have felt weird. Here are a few pictures to prove I was there, to show MicKlane and his date, and to show one amazing Sevier County hair-do.


Here is my wife and I at our first prom together.


Here is MicKlane and his cute little date. Good job MicKlane!!



Here is a picture of MicKlane, all his siblings and siblings-in-law (word I just made up) and his only nephew (my son). We are all at his prom and the only one that didn't travel for two+ hours to get there is the little one in the front that MicKlane is hiding behind. If you can't tell, MicKlane's date is not in this picture, in fact at this time she is on the other side of the room getting these same kind of pictures take with her family.



And now for the hair-do. I don't know if I have ever seen anything like this. We do not know this girl, so we couldn't get a close up, and the picture is kind of blury, but this girl's hair had Sevier County written all over it. I don't know if you can really tell in this picture, but the blond hair is actually on one layer. She has another layer that is almost black underneath, and it was all crimped. I knew when I saw this hair, that I had to share it with the world. Or at least the one or two people who read this (one of which is myself).


4 comments:

  1. So, congrats on starting your own blog. I think that's pretty funny. Also, yes I agree..SUPER weird that family goes to prom with the kids there. I just can't quite wrap my head around it...something is not right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it would be super awkward to have your family at prom, but MicKlane didn't seem to mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll agree with you on the two-tone hair but as for everything else... think of how lonely MicKlane would have been had we not gone. His date's family would have been taking pictures and chatting with him and he would have been all alone in the corner... Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah but if nobody's family went, then all of the kids would of had fun with their dates, instead of their families. We just think it is wierd that families go at all.

    ReplyDelete