Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Job Search

As some of you may know, I am trying to find an internship for the summer, which I hope to lead to a full time position after I graduate. Or I hope to at least find a place where I can get some experience, so I can have a better chance at getting a job next year. Well, so far, I have yet to get any offers. I have had a few interviews, some that I felt really good about, but still nothing. Earlier in the semester my wife helped me post my resume on a lot of sites. I thought it would probably be a waste of time, but it couldn't hurt. I wouldn't end up with less job offers because I posted my resume around. Then, about a week ago, my landlord was here taking out our carpet so that more could be laid. We talked about me wanting to get an internship, and he said that he knew a few people he could pass my resume onto. So, I emailed him my resume. Then a few days later, Mandy got a call from a recruiter from a local company that had a full time position open, and wanted me to interview for it. I was at work, so I wasn't able to talk to him. We assumed it was someone our landlord knew. When I spoke with the recruiter after work, I found out that he had just pulled my resume off of an online sight that I had posted it on. It seems like it wasn't a waste of time after all. I still don't have a job, and I will still have to wait some time before I even get the interview, but I am glad that we took the time to post my resume on those sites.

Score update:
Fish-2, Mandy-0
Earlier today I chatted with my wife asking if she had fed the fish yet. It had been 16 hours since the last feeding, and you are supposed to feed the fish every 12 hours. It took her a minute to reply, but she said, yeah I fed him. I asked when she had fed him, and she said about an hour ago. I thought, yeah it was about a minute ago, and that was only because I asked if you had fed it. Anyway, the fish survived the starvation attempt, and Mandy is trying to find another way to kill the fish.

1 comment:

  1. Jordan, I love your blog. You were never this hilarious at our house. Tell Mandy I will help her flush the fish down the toilet if she wins. I am very happy being pet free. I love you, Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete